Action plan for the next few months of work (known also as VFX module schedule ;) ):
- 4 - 11. 10.13 - brainstorming ideas;
- 11- 18.10.13 - decided on theme, script writing and beginning to create basic storyboards/concept art, consider possible actors and set availability;
16.10 - Premiere Induction (group A+B)
- 18-25.10.13 - continue drawing concepts, design iterations and storyboard; think and blog about VFX effects that are needed (research), take photos of what actual set would look like;
23.10 - DSLR Induction (group A+B)
- 25.10- 1.11.13 - storyboard finished, animatic created during this week, continue on researching VFX solutions, colour keys and set designs made during this week;
29.10 - green screen and lighting induction with Matt Burton. ask for portable
green screen availability and book it for a day (look at shooting footage dates)
- 1.11-8.11.13 - start creating 2D and 3D animation tests (in case of 2D make at least one walk cycle to test design, consider possible design iterations);
- 8-15.11.13 - enjoy BAF :) research sound options, model/paint set for green screen part of a film;
- 15-28.11.13 - finalize pre-production stage,complete any outstanding tasks;
- 29.11.13 - interim crit - all pre-production work (research, storyboards, animatic, concept art, tests, VFX solutions) have to be completed by this time and ready to present.
- 2.12-13.12.13 - shooting footage: using my own Hitachi camera, need to borrow portable green screen (booked in advance);
- 16.12-23.12.13 - animate 2D/3D part of the film;
- 24.12.13 - 2.1.2014 - christmas break, so take it easy :) take a break, watch movies and blog about them;
- 3 -10.1.2014 - finish animating, start editing whole footage in After Effects;
- 10- 16.1.2014 - continue on editing, add sound, title and credits.
- 17.01.2014 - Final crit session
- 17- 23.1.14 - check if all exercises required for submission are completed, write evaluation and blog posts (if needed), spent more time editing final film according to received crits.
- 24.01.2014 - Submission deadline - so, if you haven't followed above schedule or something horrible happened, it's too late to panic.. sorry.. proceed to plan B (time travel). But if you followed this mad schedule take a burnt disk (clearly labelled) to Tom between 4 and 4:30.