Tuesday 8 October 2013

Over summer break|PPP2

   Summer break sure gone fast. When I was finishing first year in May I had so many ideas for things I had to try and draw. However I haven't manage to do everything I was planning to but overall I don't think I've wasted that much of my break time.I have a part-time job and as soon as my school break started I got asked to work extra days.Still I've managed to sketch on daily basis and travel a bit.
    I tent to concentrate more on improving my drawings skills than anything else. I did few still life studies over summer to help me get better understanding of form and values. Such quick (max 40mins in my case) studies are very useful and I should be doing them more often.
I'm painting in b&w because I don't want to get distracted by colour, and just concentrate on values.
Below some studies I did few month ago, comparing how much I've improved:
By looking at them I've realised that my earlier studies lacked a wide value range, ending up being too bright or too dark. Posting them in my conceptart.org SB thread got me needed crits and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment