Tuesday 22 October 2013

Moodboards|VFX

Above moodboard was made to help me with creating a design of my creature/alien for this module. I've used cghub to search for inspirational images, mostly tagged as 'bug' or 'plant'. I've included a variety of designs, looked for interesting shapes and colours. Concepts for inFamous2 game done by West Burt, as well as art by Creature Box,creatures from Rayman: Origins by UbiArt, Brett '2D' Bean and Bobby Chiu mostly informed my design ideas.
Invasion by Bobby Chiu. What I really like about this painting is variety of creature designs crammed in it, with different textures (slime-y bugs next to hard shelled critters) and colours .
Elderbeasts2 by CreatureBox. Really good, crazy concepts. I find the middle guy the most interesting, because of it semi-transparent skin and bright pink polka dots.

Brett '2D' Bean designs for Sluggetra. I don't even know where to start! So many great designs! As they were created for rather young audience (Disney channel show), they're closes to what I want to achive with my final creature/alien concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment