Friday 25 October 2013

creature/alien design development02|VFX

Thumbnails and rough sketches for possible creature/alien final design.

   I have to admit the fact that this is the hardest module so far when it comes to creating concept art, since I have to not only come up with good design but also think of how it would be animated. Simply I can't just draw something 'pretty', it need to serve a certain purpose and fit within the story (script) and overall theme.
    Quick thumbnails are good for experimenting with different types of silhouettes and letting ideas flow. I've tried to do a variety of initial sketches to help me determine what will work best as a final design.
    Above is the line of creatures I like the most, with simple but interesting shapes. Personally, alien number 4 is my favourite. I've decided to go with this idea and will produce more finished concepts, iterations and colour/texture options.

No comments:

Post a Comment