Thursday 1 May 2014

Dave Blewett talk|PPP2

Dave Blewett from Sheffield based SUMO Digital gave us a really good talk on what is needed to make into the game industry. I really enjoyed it, as it's something that really interests me and I'd love to have a job as a concept artists for games.
 First part of the talk was mainly about history of SUMO Digital and what games they made so far, second part was more about what is required to become a Game Artists (and what are the type of things that people with this job title do, like enviroment artists and character animators).
After the talk, Dave was invited to visit our studio and I got an opportunity to chat with him for a bit and showed him my concepts for Machinima brief. He liked them and gave me a tip when it comes to making color variations of design, I should also apply different textures to the drawing and see how it work.
I really enjoyed this talk and found it very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment