Tuesday 6 May 2014

Blob-Problems|Machinima

After I've created a rig for Blob (with dual belly controller) I've encounted few problems with the lower part of mesh, especially around the legs. Long story short, wherever I moved his legs, the mesh around hip and belly joint area was deformating and taking a really funny shape. I also had problem with legs twisting around the knees when I tried to move IK handle. This problem got easily sorted by just moving a knee controller (cross-shaped) a bit futher away from the knee joints area. However, the first problem I've mentioned was quite hard to solve and took me good few days. I tried re-binding and re-painting weights couple times, I moved joints a bit more apart, as the whole problem could be caused by a high number of joints being really close to each other. Finally, I've managed to get weights painted correctly, where mesh wasn't going crazy. I'm really happy with the end result and although the whole process was quite stressful, I've learnt a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment