Thursday 1 May 2014

Blob-Rig!|machinima

Blob - Creating an Alien Rig with Dual Belly Magic.

After UV mapping and texturing Blob, I started on creating a rig and controllers. I wanted little tentacles, that are sticking out from his head, to wobble quite a lot, so I placed 3-4 joints in each one. Mirror joint option came really handy as I needed only to create only left side of a rig (arm, leg, tentacles, claws).
I learnt quite a lot during the last alien exercise and was able to do most of rigging from memory.
For belly I've created two joints that will help me to control 'wobblyness' and create a nice belly shake effect.
Next step was to bind rig wit a mesh. I used smooth bind and spent some time painting weights. I have to admit, that I've enjoyed this process quite a lot and I'm looking foward to doing more in the future.
Now, what's left is to animate Blob and arm him with a nice walk and idle. He is a quite heavy fellow so please, don't expect him to jump (unless 0G is on and he can float about).

No comments:

Post a Comment