Monday 19 May 2014

2014showreel|PPP2

As part of this module we were asked to create a portfolio and/or showreel. I decided to go with both, since I had my portfolio up online for years now, but never challenged myself by making a reel.
I've created a minute and half long reel that showcase my work (personally I like short reels more, I think after 2 minutes you simply get bored, no matter how good it is). To be honest I struggled a bit with making it that long as I felt like not having enough good pieces to choose from (yet I tried to include the best pieces in the begging and at the end of video). However, I'll keep that in mind for the summer break and next academic year and try to create a lot more good work thats worth showing.
Since this reel is more a test than something that I'll show to the possible employers, it doesn't have any music. It's another thing I'll have to consider when making a showreel.
One of the group feedback suggestions was to create more of the parallax pieces in After Effects (like the ones shown at the beginning). I really enjoyed making those and really looking foward to the opportunity of creating even more pieces. Also, another tip was to look into motion comics, which is something I've ben lately interested in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment