Monday 12 May 2014

::Illustration Reel::

Idea of creating my own illustration reel been floating around my head for quite some time now. I find those kind of reels very interesting and great to watch. Plus, they usually fairly short which is probably very good to any time savvy art director searching for new talent.


Illustration reel 2013 from Wouter Tulp on Vimeo.


Woulter Tulp is an illustrator and character artist. More of his amazing work can be seen here.
What I really like about this reel is very good pace, around 3-4 seconds per artwork and the way its put together. Color illustrations are featured at the beginning, followed by some character work, pencil sketches, enviroments and another batch of illustrations to close off.

My own reel will probably include a mixture of illustrations and animation, as I don't think I got enough of high quality work to show this way. However, it is something that I will keep in mind when producing more content in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment