Saturday 19 January 2013

3D Modelling and Animation|UFO/set research

After interim crits I've decided to go with cow abduction storyboard. Since I'm using my toy as a referance for main character I need to search for inspirations for spaceship and set designs. I've decided on doing hand painted backgrounds instead leaving everything white. Moreover I wanted to start adding little bullet points with milestones I've already reached/completed to the related blog posts.
  •  Milestone: rought animatics finished.I've added few extra shots, camera angles and close ups. Also got the idea for title card and end credits.
When it comes to aliens and spaceships first names that crosses my mind are: Creature Box and Brett Bean. Adorable and full of personality characters, stylized machines and backgrounds. Also dynamic lines and bright, vivid colours makes those critters very appealing to the viewer.

(above) Brett Bean
(below) Creature Box
 

 I'll be looking at them as my primary source for inspiration when it comes to designing a space ship (and its pilot ofcourse). Also I would love to incorporate some of cartoony stylizations into my final animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment