Monday 28 January 2013

3DModelling&Animation|Animated Shorts

   Since my storyboard got accepted I've decided to watch some animated shorts dealing with UFO's and abduction.

   First one that came to my mind was Lifted by Pixar
   Created in 2006 and directed by Gary Rydstorm. It's a very funny story about two aliens, easy to follow and very enjoyable. UFO design is very simple and sleek, quite 'average' - flat pancake with blue beam. However because of that viewer can recognize it quickly and connect with 'alien' theme.

    Another short worht mentioning is PIOK. It was created by a group of french animation students (school: ECV Aquitaine)


PIOK short on vimeo

Its a very funny story about an alien and a chicken. It happens in farm settings which are similar to the ones I'm going to use in my project. Also, since it a student project, it's something I should be aiming to achive (than a Pixar short that is 6 years older). Moreover it have a little bit of 'X v Y' theme going on :) Plus the spaceship design is a bit different and unusual.

   Stopover is a short movie I've came across not long ago. While I was familiar with other two for a long time, this one is a new to me.
   Directed and animated by Neil Stubbings, made in MAXON's CINEMA 4D R11.5. Very simple animation but with unexpected plot twist and funny ending. Characters are a bit 'blocky' but also extremly charming.

   Last video I wanted to share isn't about spaceships or aliens but it was created by Headless Productions, Sixbirds and Studio Nest.
No pets allowed is a teaser video for a feature film project. Worth watching because of its humor and beautiful characters.
Software used: Zbrush, Softimage, Maya, Arnold, proprietary hair simulation "Melenas".


No comments:

Post a Comment