Monday 7 January 2013

3D Modelling and Animation - toy Research

This module we're getting introduced to Maya and fundamentals of 3D modelling and animation. First task we have to do is to find a toy - preferably chunky, bold, colorful.
I have a little collection of plushy toys and figurines at home. I'm thinking about ones that have few moveable parts, like head, arms.
 I have few anime figurines similar to the one above. However Mat pointed out that when it comes to this type of 'things' (human like shape) we expect them to do certain moves. Also I've never modeled in 3D so it may be too much challenging for my level.

Another thing that I think may work great are my gismo gloves.
Still they have arms and legs but they don't really have to walk or bend they arms, are they? Especially if nobody wears them :).

Also, as I've mentioned earlier, I have a few plush toys - mostly teddy bears plus some from popular franchises (Pikachu, Hello Kitty).

By using stuffed toy I'm allowed to make them squash and stretch :)
I will start thinking about ideas and sketch rough storyboards because that seem easier for me than just simply looking at the toys.


No comments:

Post a Comment