Sunday 6 January 2013

dfga review phase_001

    One of the reasons why I've decided to write this short 'half year' review of DFGA is Telthona and one of her awesome articles about industry and schools needed (or not) to get a job in the industry (gaming industry in her case since she's working as a concept artist at The Creative Assembly).
    It's been already 4 months since I've started my adventure with DFGA and I'm pretty sure that I've made a right choice. I was having a really hard time deciding which course should I choose - mostly because I share the same, big passion to animation and to illustration.
    This half year was gone pretty quick - full of challenging tasks and new thinks to learn. Lucky enough I had an opportunity to try things that I'm normally not much into, like film making and editing. Moreover I was pushed outside of my comfort zone when it came to the first brief (and drawing). I've also really enjoyed a trip to BAF.
    The only thing I can't really understand are topics of some of the seminars/lectures and massive amount of written work we had to complete. However it's BA's so I guess we had to do it ;).
    This is a very broad course, not a specific one, which I believe is also good. Like I said before, it allows you to try different things first and then concentrate on improving and mastering one of them at the end of the course. In my case it may prove that I'm more of concept artist that animator. Or other way around.
    Now the new term is starting and I'm ready to rock it:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment