Saturday 5 January 2013

2013 art goals + HobbyCraft kickstart competition

I have to say that 2012 was a really good year for me when it comes down to art (so glad that none of my art got damaged/burnt during house fire last summer!). I've finished Access to Art&Design(HE), started DFGA, participated in KAAS exhibition in Dewsbury (beginning of 2012) and had my work up during final year show in LCA (Vernom Street).  I feel like my coloring skill improved a lot, also I've brushed my digital techniques a bit. Moreover I've developed a style of drawing that people can recognize and connect with me. Created accounts on many concept art websites and kept updating my personal blog often (70 drawing post within a year, yay!). I've got society6 store and portfolio on Behance, kept updating my cghub with quality stuff (over 600profile views) and upgrading my DA portfolio. Well thats a quite a long list of sites, isn't it, haha? But, like many professionals (Bobby Chiu, Feng Zhu, etc.) said, you need to get yourself out there and let people know about you! And believe me, nobody bites on conceptart.org or ImagineFX! The only place where you will be bitten and smack is max3d forum but its polish one so don't fear it :)

In 2012 happen something that made me so happy - I've won HobbyCraft Kickstart Competition! I've got my work on display at Leeds HC store (CrownPoint) for a week and I've got so much nice art supplies :) Now my drawing is taking a part in national edition.

To conclude I wanted to show some drawings I'm really proud of.



::2013 art goals::
  • keep improving my skills and do still life studies more regulary
  • conquer YT with a neat animation channel :)
  • draw more!
  • transfer stories of my characters down onto the paper, maybe as a comics or little animations
  • participate in Annecy 2013 competition - or at least try
  • paint and be more creative
  • finally - get some real freelance work (paid one!)



1 comment:

  1. wow jestem pod wielkim wrażeniem :) gratulacje i mam nadzieje ,że następny rok będzie tylko lepszy :) ! pozdrofka

    ReplyDelete