Monday 20 October 2014

Races and Classes|Practical Element|COP3

Below is a chart presenting races and classes I'll work on.

I've decided to go with very standard and typical races, nothing innovative or unusual. I've also skipped specifing what kind of Elf or Dwarf I'll draw, mostly because I don't want to get too attached to certain type, which could also impact my creative approach. (there is a really deep insight into classes and races in MMORPG games on this website).
As for classes I'll go with 4 typical options. Therefore, Human will most likely be a warrior, Elf could be either archer or mage, Dwarf is most likely to be mage. Beast race, like Orc, usually well known for it's size, power and violence, will have to also stay within warrior category. As for the little, weak Goblins, thief class seems to be perfect, as it enables them to sneak behind enemies and be quick (stealth!). Moreover, I'll draw a male and female version for the Human race. All other races representations will be either male or female (e.g Elf >female, Dwarf > male). At the end, I'll have to produce 6 different full-body finished character concepts, as well as all the initial thumbnails and costume/hair style variations (minimum of 3 different costumes for each race). On top of that, I'll design weapon for each class, still following the work flow I've established.

No comments:

Post a Comment