Tuesday 28 October 2014

Knight Thumbnails|COP3

This time I followed the usual workflow, started with simple, blobby thumbs to create few different silhouettes, from which I chose 3. I drew them bigger, trying to have variety of body types for my knight - usual, well build guy; chap with small shoulders but massive arms and round belly, short-ish; and a guy with wide-shoulders, massive chest and total blank stare (not like two others have blank stares now ;) ).
Next step was to duplicate the layer with figures and create a new one for the armour designs. I tried to stick to black and grey and rather bold strokes, avoiding over working some areas. Main aim at this stage was to create a range of different armour designs, each to be easy to recognize and unique. I feel like incorporating a little bit of fur or cloth into the design will help in making it more interesting (also it'll be a contrasting texture to shiny metal of armour). Cloth can be also used as a way of displaying which guild character belongs to (like a small emblem). At this point I'm still unsure which design or body type I'll use. I kinda like the middle guy for his big arms and hands. However, it's not your usual, safe, typical fantasy knight. In the end I might end up doing both versions or just stick with this funky fellow to make my bunch of characters more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment