Wednesday 22 October 2014

Moodboards|Practical Element|COP3

Before starting on character concepts I've decided to create few moodboards, which will influence my drawings.
Fashion shows were one of my main inspirations, mostly Alexander McQueen (fall 2011 is full of medievil inspired dresses and accessories). I've also google searched for medieval armour and renaissance clothes. There was no trouble in finding a knight armour referance for men, but complete lack of female armour somehow suprised me. Purposedly I've avoided 'chest plate' (or 'boob plate') skimpy and impractical armour, that shows more skin than it covers (whats the point of fighting in it?). The only decent armours I was able to find came from LARP communities, but it's not historically correct. As suggested by Annabeth, I'm going to contact someone from Royal Armouries and see if they have any records of female medieval armour in archive.
Also, I avoided putting any fantasy art in my moodboards, as I feel that will limit my creativity. By using photographs I'm leaving more room for interpretation and not just coping already existing designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment