Thursday 12 February 2015

Searching for style01|Extended Practice

As I'm still working on script I've decided to play a little bit longer with traditional tools. Again, my main weapon of choice were markers and fineliners.

Fineliners enable me to test different line thicknesses and are mess-free :). Colouring with markers is fast, can fill large parts of drawing and, opposite to paints, doesn't need to dry.
Above, I've tried another two design itterations for Vodyanoy character. I'm stil not happy with it and feel like it can be pushed much more futher along with more design explorations. As for the boy character - I used it as test for a puppet-like look. What I'll probably take from it is the texture of a skin that imitates wood or paper, big eyes and shape of mouth.
Below are quick tree concepts. Again I tried different shapes, which were heavily inspired by the style of the Don't Starve game. Colour-wise they seem to be too happy and cartoony for me. I'll have to explore that futher in Photoshop. As for shapes - red and blue-ish green 'fluffy' trees are my favourite and I feel like using this design iteration in later process.

No comments:

Post a Comment