Monday 16 February 2015

Harrdy - 2D animated short|Extended Practice



Harrdy is a 2D animated short created by Henrique Lira. It presents a simple, yet funny, story of a Arr (pirate) and Howdy (lumberjack). Characters and backgrounds are very colourful, stylized and definately appealing to kids. What cought my eye was not only the style, but the fact that Henrique used AfterEffects to put is all together (Photoshop and Illustrator were also used). Only 3 background paintings were used, however it doesn't affect the way story is presented - actually it works really well! On the other hand, characters were sliced into numbreous small parts used for animation. As stated on Behance, lumberjack was made of 40 different layers, while pirate - 50. 
Since I want to create my final piece in AfterEffects I'l need to keep an eye on how characters are constructed and the way I can effectively animate them. Puppet tool'll definately come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment