Monday 23 February 2015

Costume Moodboards|Extended Practice

Initially I wasn't sure if the action of my story should take place somewhere in past or not. After a bit of thinking I've decided to go with modern settings, however with the costume designs I stil wanted to look at traditional Slavic clothing.

Patterns are very important and hold multiple meanings, depanding on a style, colour and country. Traditional Slavic dresses are very decorative and beautiful. However very impractical in running across the forest.
I've created a board on Pinterested with various Slavic-themed pins. I've not only found many traditional pieces of clothing but also many modern versions incorporating patterns in their design. I feel like this research will inform my costume designs and keep me inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment