Thursday 20 March 2014

SnK Chibi Chara|Responsive

I've mentioned Shingeki no Kyojin few times already, but decided to look at it again. This time I want to talk about a mini series that was released right after first anime series. It concentrates on different events but still uses same characters as in main series. Style wise it's much more brighter and way funnier than original, which is quite grim and dark.


What I really like about Chibi Chara is a simple and colorful style. Backgrounds are usually filled with one color and outlined with thick lines (reminds me of vector art), characters are also very simple (and super deformed) with only one darker color used for shading. Moreover, all of the characters are made with a same 'base' - similar eyes and face/body shape. The only thing that helps viewer identify characters are haircuts (at this point I need to mention that in anime every character have different body/face shape). Style of animation is very cute and also really simple, which works perfectly with bright colors.
I've watched quite a few episodes already and I would try to apply this adorable style to my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment