Tuesday 25 March 2014

Backgrounds|Responsive

As I'm almost done with this project I've decided to share few animation frames.
My main aim was to make them look cartoon-y and colorful, but also keep everything quite simple. As the target audience are mostly kids, it had to visually appealing. I've mostly used lasso tool to create different shapes and shaded it with one/two colors. I have a tendency to overcomplicate my drawings and get lost in painting tiny little details, which had to be stopped with this project. I also decided to change the style as a reason to step out from my comfort zone and try different methods and workflow. Moreover, creating backgrounds for animations is different to just painting a single artwork - style had to be consistent thru the whole one minute. Plus it needed to be clear and readable - viewer need to be able to recognize basic elements within few seconds (eg. tree, ship, characters).
It was definately a challenging project and although I'm not 100 % happy with it (I'm a perfectionist afterall) I have learnt a lot from it, which would be applied to the future projects. I'm thinking about practicing animation over summer and (hopefully) improve my skills ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment