Monday 29 April 2013

Game Module|Shell House Progress

From the start I've knew that modeling shell houses in Maya will be very hard, especially since my concept art was very detailed and complex.
I've had tried few different primitives first to get basic idea, helix and sphere seemed to be the best solutions. However, I found modelling helix into shell is extremely difficult. As mentioned earlier, the other right shape to use was sphere.
  •  A very basic model made with 3 different spheres. Although is very simple it gave me a rough idea of how I can take advantage of this shape.
  • Almost finished model of shell house. Still need a bit more work on it, but I like those results.
  • Another house; since it's bigger it could belong to shaman of this water tribe village.
  •  Due to nature of Unity I had to multiply my houses in order to create a proper, visible walls (Unity, unlike to Maya, wouldn't display polygons that shouldn't be visible in the first place). I got rid of spikes since only inside is important.


Next step is to create a UV map and texture it. I've got introduced to MudBox and might use it for this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment