Monday 8 April 2013

Game Module|Sea Shell House Idea Origins

Before DFGA I did 2 years of evening access to HE. I've really enjoyed the given briefs and luckily I've got a ability now to use some of those ideas.
Second big brief (back in 2011) was about 'memory'. As memories from my childhood are strongly connected with trips to the seaside, shell theme was kinda obvious ;). During few months I did a lot of research (artists and architects), experimented with different mediums, from acrilics to sculpture and watercolours.
  •  one of the sketches created right before the final image, prototype, trying out the techniques and colours; 
    media: coffee, watercolours, ecolines, sea salt, fineliners

 I was mostly inspired by Gaudi's amazing architecture as well as Michael Shapcott's great portraits.


  • final image; going from little notebook size sketch to A2 is not always a good idea ;)


  • some of the experiments, watercolours + seasalt as well as paper sculpture.
During that module the idea of 'seashell house' were born.

Even though the houses I'm designing now look different it is good idea to present those as a part of my research.


No comments:

Post a Comment