Saturday 2 May 2015

Portfolio|PPP3

During portfolio review session LevelUp! team looked at the work of their followers and commented on it. Unfortunately my portfolio submission didn't make it, however I still managed to picked up some important things.
First of all, when it comes to concept art portfolios sites such as Artstation are acceptable, but it's better to have own website dedicated. It can be hosted on a service such wix.com or made with Deviantart or Artstation porfolio templates. For mine I'm going to stick with Deviantart as this address is already printed on my business cards as well as it got all the important info, it's easy to upload new works and change layout. I recently updated all my details, attached new CV and changed categories to just 3. I got 'character design', 'concept art' and 'cartoon', which are best represantation of what I enjoy doing. I heard many times that you should only include work that you want to do (and enjoy doing) in portfolio (along with it being strong). I used to have 'illustration' as category, however never managed to collect a range of quality pieces to fill it. Similiarly now, I struggle a little bit with a 'cartoon' category - I've included (in my own opinion) strong and good pieces, however, when compared to two other categories, this section look kinda empty. Therefore, ti's going to be one of prorities after Extended Practice deadline to work on making it better.
As for my 'character design' and 'concept art' categories - both got good selection of works, but I'd love to produce a lot more new content to be included, which I'm hoping to achieve after Extended Practice deadline. I'm also going to contact few people working in industry and ask for feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment