Tuesday 11 November 2014

Pose references|COP3

Since establishing overall look of the human characters I've moved onto more refined concepts. For this stage I've searched bunch of my favourite stocks on Deviantart for the pose reference.

Senshi-Stock has enourmous pose library and I use it from time to time. I've picked couple of differrent photos for the warrior and dancer (1 , 2 , 3 ).
While I tried to keep dancer's pose feel feminine and delicate, I went completly opposite direction with the warrior - strong stance that shows power and energy.

Mjranum's classical nudes section provides a lot of really good pose references for Nix race - very eerie, mysterious, unnatural. Most of his stock models are dressed in costumes or at least in cloth, which will also help me with drawing drapery. Again, I was able to find useful poses for warrior and dancer ( 1 , 2 , 3 ).

Random-Acts-Stock not only have a great pose library but also tons of amazing shots of ruins and Medieval architecture. Those might not come as handy as other ones, but will definately influence my work, since I'm already being heavily inspired by Medieval towns and castles (as mentioned before, mostly Germany). There were few good shots, like 1 , 2 , 3 portraying strong character.

I'll go back to MariaAmanda stock when working on Nix race as it has a large library of dreamy dancing poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment