Tuesday 4 November 2014

Female warrior thumbnails|COP3

Since establishing a clear idea of the world and characters I'm going to design for the practical element, I had moved to thecreating female warrior and dancer concepts. First step was to draw 3 different body types: athletic (warrior), skinny (dancer) and chubby/fluffy (warrior or a housewife NPC type of character). Then I proceed with creating costumes. I copied the figure layer 4 times and did 6 different ideas for warrior (4 on athletic figure and 2 for chubby gal) and 4 for dancer.
I've kept going back to the moodboards created at the beginning for inspiration and ideas. All above sketches are very loose and quick, roughly spent hour on all of them. I tried to avoid overdetailing and concentrate on big forms that will make my characters stand out. I've marked couple of different options in red and these are the designs I'm going to develop futher - so in case of the warrior I'll take a little bit from all 4 designs and for dancer I'll try to incorporate long, spiky horns within a loose dress design. I've decided to abandon half-naked warrior design since it seem to be too cliche and totally impractical (although I do like her boots).
Later stages will involve working more on the designs, refining them, adding colours and finally producing a finished, portfolio worth, pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment