Saturday 30 November 2013

Cathedral Academy|PPP2

On 19th of November in Cathedral Academy (in Wakefield) I had a wonderful opportunity, along the other student ambassadors, to teach kids and present my work. We were representing a variety of courses run by Leeds College of Art (DFGA, Printed Textiles, Illustration), encouraging youngsters to choose Higher Education in the future.

First half of a day we spent explaining what we do on our courses and presenting our work. I had two of my sketchbooks and some color illustrations with me and kids loved the funky characters and not-so-scary monsters. The second part of a day was filled with help in illustrating a poem (kids were asked earlier to prepare a short poem, alien themed). Each one of student ambassadors presented a different medium (markers, watercolors) to the small group and gave advice on how to draw things or were to add stuff. Kids were really lovely and well behaved and it was really hard picking top 10 works.
Overall it was a great experience and would like to do it again in the future. I hasn't sure about the whole project at the begging, as I never had any experience with young kids, but it was a true blast. From this point I started considered an art tutor job as a future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment