Monday 25 March 2013

Game Module|Initial Concepts

As the key emotion my level should evoke is calm I've decided to go magical/fairytale/fantasy route with my sketches.
First concept drawn in pencils. It is a little house hidden under over sized leaves (pea plants maybe?). It feels really magical and a bit misterious. I've also made another hand drawn concept of it, house was placed on top of floating rocks (a bit like in Avatar's Pandora).
  • little preview of it (as it is still unfinished)
 
After collecting my insirations in one place I've decided to change my idea. It is now a little village (or just settlement with few houses) in a middle of ocean. The ony material avaible here are seashells and rock so the houses are made from oversized shells. Above some initial thumbnails, simply just to try different shapes and angles (it makes the same theme more interesting to explore).
Next step was to create a more detailed sketch of one of the shell houses. I used a Feng Zhu method - only lines and simple shades to mark shadows. I could easily spent another hour or so making it perfect and neat, bit oh well, I prefer it rough looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment