Monday 4 March 2013

Context of Practice|Practical|Research

For this module brief we were asked to produced a visual representation of the topic from ours seminars/lectures that interested us and practically apply that knowledge and understanding.

I've really enjoyed A History of Type lecture and it's something that interested me. I've decided that I will be a good topic to work on for this part of a brief.

How I'm going to present it?
-short animation
-series of posters or comic book strips, possibly moving (Final Cut Pro for editing)
I'll try to present how the message can be affected by use of bad type face. 
  • important installments that can affect the message or the tone of it: typeface, colour, placing, spacing, size, meaning, use, purpose: official, unofficial.
Inspirations:

twixl chalk movie from Soon on Vimeo.
Behance project
  • hand-drawn typography on the black board.




SUPAKITCH & KORALIE "Euphorie" Paris from Raphaƫl Hache on Vimeo.
  • great use of typography together with the artwork
  •  a great example of use of typography on the posters by Ale Paul
Above pieces are the perfect examples of how good typeface; as well as size, spacing and colour of letters; can help to convey a specific message


Another interesting examples connected to the theme of my artefact:



No comments:

Post a Comment