Sunday 24 March 2013

Game Module|Scenery Inspirations_01

Cghub is one of my fav places to look for inspirations and amazing concept art. Similiarly to the first module we did (fundamental one) this time again I've decided to search this website.
I'm looking for artwork that look a little bit stylised, maybe a bit cartoony, with interesting shapes and colours.
  • Stilts by fightPUNCH ( Darren Bartley).  
  •  I really like those snail houses, especially colours and great use of textures, plus they have amazing amount of details.
  • a small billage by ENrang (Jeon JongUk).
  • Evening settings, wooden houses, indoor lights and overall calming settings.
  • I could use a path with barriers as a way to stop player from exploring outside the level (perhaps with houses built on top of mountains?) 





  • WOW - Mists of Pandaria by Fabs(Fabio Barreta)
  • Great aerial perspective, stylised mountains and contrasting red building.
  • I've chose to include this piece because of overall colours and interesting shot, lighting of the scene (daytime is the harders to paint, since many things cannot be masks by strong colours or shadows)









  • Halo 4 Spartan Ops motion comics by lordbiernac (Szymon Biernacki)
  • Very stylised, amazing use of perspective to show the scale (characters are secondary).
  • It is very similiar to the style I will probably do my concept art in as I'm fan of Szymons work for quite a time now.


Of course there are tons of other artists work I will look at, like Feng Zhu, Kekkai Kotaki, Kenji Bliss, Daniel Dociu, Artur Sadlos ... to just name few!

No comments:

Post a Comment