Monday 27 April 2015

Typeface|Extended Practice

I got the idea for what to call my extended practice animation quite early and the only thing stopping me from creating a title/ending sequences was a font. It had to be perfect. It had to match the style of my animation, connect with it. I knew I wanted something simple but in the same time unique. First step was ofcourse searching thru the library of fonts already implemented in After Effects, which was actually pretty unsuccessful. Or maybe I'm just too picky? Luckily I follow few graphic design and creative blogs on twitter, who one day mentioned Besom2. Instantly it clicked.
Besom2 is a typeface I'd describe as playful. Capital letters aren't that much different to the small ones, also 'i' is in a form of a line with a dot above, not just as a line. I also like the edges of each letter being not straight and perfect.
Before finding Besom2 I considered even making my own font, which definately would add to the charm and make this piece even more personal. However, I'm glad with the typeface I used and the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment