Monday 27 April 2015

Final Crit Feedback|Extended Practice

Last Thursday we had our final crit presentations which means it's only two weeks left until module deadline. Goal was to have a your thing finished to the presentable level. At that point I had around half of the scenes ready, however still without lighting/camera and, in most cases, roughly blocked (I'm revisiting those scenes now and making them smoother). Unfortunately all the videos from animation group (me, Keiron, Sarah and Finn) didn't play properly on a machine we had in that room. It's a really bizzare issue as I've been rendering everything from After Effects as H264 and even used Mac other day to put all scenes together in Premiere. I've tested my file on both Mac and PC and it played fine. However during the crit it was crashing and skipping frames, making it really difficult to watch and therefore to get a accurate feedback. Nevertheless, there were few issues pointed out that I took into account such as making side view for Boy and Girl to use in running scene. There were also few pointers about the animation itself and which parts should be faster/slower which I've changed already.
I'm glad that people liked slightly creepy and gloomy vibe of my work and the way I animated puppets. I've added a string which was mentioned during the session too. As for the sound - this is something I'm going to concentrate more now as I'm almost done with animating (only two scenes left.. or just one as I'm redoing mentioned earlier running scene).

No comments:

Post a Comment