Friday 3 April 2015

Setting a light and camera|Extended Practice

Lights and camera are easy to set in After Effects and can improve scene drastically. Since I wanted to imitate look of the theatre sets, making lighting look right was quite a bit of challenge. I decided to use spot light, as I wanted to illuminate only specific areas as well as have light follow/highlight character or important element of the scene. Moreover, since the action takes place at night, using correct light to give the right feeling was crutial. With the spot light settings I'm able to control cone angle, size and feather.
 I've tested quite a few different colours to create a mood and atmosphere that'll work. I went with the light blue as it gives a very nice eerie vibe to the scenes. It's quite bright, but not too strong, and I feel it complimates glow of the moon well. Also, a small vignette adds to the charm.

Next - camera. In this case I didn't had to use it much, as in most shots camera just moves from left to right and I'm more interested in creating paralax than zoom-in or close-ups. However, I used camera for the opening shot as it felt appropriate to have inviting shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment