Wednesday 29 April 2015

First Pass|Extended Practice

Today I've put all the scenes together in Premiere to see what changes can be made and what I can still improve. Below is a list of things I feel like stil needs changing:
  • Forest moving - opening sequence - if there is enough time I want to revisit it or perhaps make a completly new version;
     
  • Second running shot - work on run cycle for both Boy and Girl, make it a bit faster, also add little jumps up and down and imrpove lighting;
  • Showing left and right - this scene is very bad as I cut it from a longer piece (took out middle part), it needs better lighting, timing and puppets needs to be moved closer to the ground;
  • Boy climbs up the branch - overall I'm happy with the movement (might fiddle with it a bit if there is time for it), however I need to change size of the fern flower as it's too big now;
  • Vodyanoy appears - I need to either add Boy to it or zoom in so only bottom part of the tree branch and water will be visible; also needs to add lighting and a string to the Vodyanoy puppet;
  • Boy/Girl scared - just a better cut, maybe a black slug somewhere in between those two?; 
  •  Vodyanoy hides - need to add string, but also work on framing as again Boy is not visible (maybe just add legs?).

I've also been thinking about adding extra scene in between parts where Vodyanoy tries to grab a Boy and Boy reaching for flower - perhaps a fighting scene where Boy triews to kick monster to scare him off? I feel like there is no logical follow of the events and it may be very confusing for the viewer.
Sound still needs to be added, which is my next concern. I started gathering different types of sounds and may also use some classical music.
Test video is 1:28 long (including credits), which is good. It fits perfectly with my brief constraint (up to 2 minutes long), it's fast paced and I hope viewer wil be able to understand what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment