Sunday 4 November 2012

Module Evaluation

For this module I had to create a number of drawings and collages answering a specific briefs. Constantly working toward a set of deadlines helped me improve and step out of my comfort zone. I have improved my workflow, started to use short keys in Photoshop more often, experimented with layer options and blending modes. I have also learned new software like Illustrator or Adobe Bridge.
I have looked at the range of concept art websites, books and artists, created different mood boards to gather inspirations and ideas for my designs. Also done few thumbnails and quick sketches to try ideas out, looking for nice, clean, ease to read and recognise silhouettes.
I have really enjoyed working on those briefs, especially designing character and set.
In my opinion brief number 3 (animate) was the most rewarding. However I would love to improve and experiment more. I will probably draw more storyboards and make more flipbook animations in near future.
I need to improve my drawing skills. Designing a set for my character was the hardest task. I have looked at marine designs and Gaudi's building for inspiration as well as at some concept art.
Although it was a very fast paced module I really liked it and learned a lot. I still need to work on my time management and updating my blog on day to day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment