Wednesday 21 November 2012

Instructional Video - Edit Notes

I've managed to shot 15 different bits of footage to edit. Guinea pig didn't really behaved the way i wanted her to, she also refused to come out from the cage at the beginning, but in the end I've got few nice extreme close-up shots. I used my own Hitachi handy cam (1920 x 1080 HD) for this project.
The first problem I had with Final Cut Pro was that I had to render my footage in order to make software play it back. I found nice and helpful guide on YouTube rendering in final cut pro .
I've to cut/trim quite a lot of footage in order to make it works. I've also filmed title and step cards and added them to video to give it, in my own opinion, a more natural look. I've tried to avoid adding any fancy effects and keep this video as simple as possible. Also I've added credits at the end of video, this YouTube tutorial was very helpful.
Files I used in producing my Intructional Video are: title and step cards files ((IMAG0015,16,17), trimmed kitchen footage (IMAG0001 - used only part from the middle of footage), guinea pig videos (IMAG0009,10 and 11 from which I've got extreme close up of my guinea pig munching celery). It was my first time editing footage with keeping in mind time constraint and specific purpose.
I've enjoying the whole process but can't see myself doing film editing as a future job. I lack patience for this type of tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment