Monday 19 November 2012

BAF 2012 ParaNorman and LAIKA studios

ParaNorman is the latest stop-motion animated film created by LAIKA studios and distributed by Focus Features. Directed by Chris Butler and Sam Fell, this 3D zombie horror for kids is brilliant to watch. Moreover I've attended an amazing talk by Mark Shapiro on making this wonderful handcrafted stop-motion feature. Watching footage from behind-the-scenes and comments on building sets and taking shots (frames) made me appreciate stop-motion animation even more. The amout of work and time spend that went into making ParaNorman is enourmous. It also made me curious about stop-motion animation and I really wish that we cold have 3D printers in college (mainly becuse I'm really bad sculptor).
The ParaNorman Stop Motion Zombie Lab
After talk Mark Shapiro was kind enough to show two of the ParaNorman puppets (Norman and zombie) and answer questions. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to get my hands of those puppets but at least I've managed to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment