Wednesday 3 December 2014

Academic Poster - Crit|COP3

Today we had a crit day for the Academic Poster task. Work (printed A3 size) was put on the wall along with the blank sheets of paper for people to write feedback on.

 On the left is the initial first draft of the poster. I wasn't quite happy with the spacing but couldn't really figure out how to improve it at this point. Feedback I got was mostly about the layout, text placement and font. I went back to the Photoshop (really I need to learn InDesign) and tweaked few things. First thing I did was to change the font type for the body text and made sure it's spaced evenly. I moved it a little bit around and tried to make all the sections equal, but also left a bit more room for the results. Previously I felt like outcomes were a bit squashed and was glad to get extra space for the artwork.
Looking at this version after few hours I feel like adding a logo to fill the blank square space on right hand side as well as aligning text a bit better (middle column seem to be a bit lower). 

No comments:

Post a Comment