Friday 25 April 2014

Blob-UV Map|Machinima

After Elliot finished modelling Blob I started on UV mapping.

Even lo poly version were quite complex with some of the vertexes hidden or overlapping and I spent almost 2 hours on this task. First thing I did was separating various parts of mesh (arms, head, legs) from main body. Then, the whole process was fairly straightforward - cut UVs and unfold it.
Body was probably the most complex task due to the sticking out parts around shoulders. However, after a fair amount of untangling UVs, I managed to get it done.

Next step was scaling model down to be in appropriate scale. If one cube represents 1 unit in Unity, then Blob is around 1,6 (so more or less same as me ;)). By doing this now, we can avoid many problems with matching scales in Unity (as it puts everything to 1). Another thing I did at this stage was smoothing the model by 1. Because I did UV map on lo poly mesh, it stayed 'same' after smoothing. Now, I have to freeze transformation and delete history before starting on creating a rig and binding it to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment