Tuesday 14 January 2014

Tracking with Mocha| VFX

For the title sequence I've decided to add text into the already filmed footage. As mentioned before, I was after making it look like it's part of the set, instead of making it separeted sequence (which, with the time constraint of one minute, would be quite hard).

After shooting my sequence I had a bit of trouble with placing text in the correct spot. Footage I worked on was a bit shaky and it was impossible to solve the problem with just few key frames. I've tried to use a tracking system that is already in After Effects, where you place a little square on the corner of the object you want to track, but it didn't worked. After that, I've reasearch to the thing called 'Mocha', which is a motion tracking system. It worked perfectly in my case and I was able to make my title stay in one spot. The whole process was also were straight foward and simple. I just had to mark the section I wanted to be tracked, let the software analyse it and then copy a bit of code from the clipboard and paste it into my footage layer. I can see it being an useful piece of software in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment