Saturday 4 January 2014

Script|Responsive

In this brief I wanted to continue developing story based on Greek myth. I've decided to go with simple, loose interpretation, rather than following the exact text from Homer's Illiad. Moreover, I've added a little modern twist into the plot, mostly because I believe it will make story more interesting and memorable (also, I'm slowly planning other videos within these settings).

Below is just a very rough script which I will use to produce my storyboards and animatic. Basic idea is that Odysseus is a self confessed selfie junkie and ready to use any methods to obtain the best/most rare ones (which leads to many likes on social networks).
  • Odysseus and his soldiers in a boat; Cyclop (C) with his sheep walking down the hills;
  • Odysseus team (OT) (5 characters) reaches Cyclop island, leave the boat and start moving into a jungle/forest (Odysseus takes a scroll out and have his journe goal/mission explained);
  • OT sneaks to the mountain region and to the C cave;
  • Meanwhile C and sheep goes back to the cave;
  • OT waits in front of the cave and stops C from entering (soldiers are taking sheep as prisoners while Odysseus explains his missions and shows a bottle of wine);
  • C shakes his head and agrees to do it;
  • O takes few snapshots (selfies);
  • END / credits;
  • O encounters a massive problem - no broadband connection on this virgin island.
I need to remember of the time contraint of one minute, as well as the fact that I'll have only around 2 months time to animate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment