Tuesday 11 December 2012

Brief 1 - Instruct - Evaluation

     During this module we had to work on two different briefs, which should be treated as a separated parts. For the first brief we had to create a one minute long instructional video. Introductions to various pieces of equipment also happen during this brief, which was really helpful. I have learned a lot about Final Cut Pro, which helped me overcome my fear of film editing.
    For this brief we had to work with a set time constraint of one minute. After brainstorming few ideas I have decided to go with the idea of filming one of my guinea pigs. I have looked at different videos about them; also looked at different books from library. I have planned most of the shots before filming. The part I have really enjoyed was storyboarding and producing animatic.  
    As I have decided to film my guinea pig I didn’t have to worry about booking space to shoot. I have used my room and kitchen as a set.
     It was really challenging brief, as I don’t consider myself a filmmaker. However I found the process really enjoyable and I have learned a lot from doing it. I am aware that sound levels in this video are a bit off and I should use music instead of leaving background noises.  However I wanted to keep this video as simple as possible and I couldn’t think about any soundtrack that could match the theme. The only thing I would change is the subject matter – animals are really hard to film, as they don’t behave in the way you want them to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment