Wednesday 11 December 2013

Landspace Inspiration|Responsive

Over the years I've taken a lot of photos, mostly during summer time trips, which I can use now as an inspiration for this brief. Also, I've got quite a good library of texture photos, mostly rocks, which will definitely come handy later on.
 

When creating my landscape mood board, I've looked mostly for interesting, foreign looking sea shores/cliffs/beaches photos. All above photos were taken in UK, in places like Cornwall, Clapham, Seaham and Whitby.

Action will take place on the island, so the sea, as well as hard, full of rocks, surface of steep hills and caves.

These places will inspire my environments and give me an idea for a possible color palette (as most of them were taken during sunny days).

 
Another part of my research was looking at photos of different plants to get an idea for what type of vegetation could be found on that island (inhabited by cyclops and sheep).
I've gather few photos from my trip to Malaga (Spain) and to Minack Theater (which is AT the Worlds End in Cornwall), which are shows a bit of Mediterranean (tropical for us living in UK;)) nature - aloe plants, cactus, baobab trees. In the next following weeks I will try to design few possible trees and shrubs that I could then use as an assets in my final animation.
The last part of this blog post are rocks. I love rocks, mostly for their uneven texture. I'm planning on using my photos as a textures, as well as creating a bunch of rock assets that could be composite into a final scenes (I've also run few tests to see how long it can take me to actually draw a rock).

No comments:

Post a Comment