Thursday 4 October 2012

searching for character part1

Gathering inspiration for this weeks brief.

I've decided to search CGHub for inspiration since there is so many amazing artist posting they work. Also looked at some Tetsuya Nomuras designs for World Ends with You, Bobby Chiu and Carter Goodrichs character designs for Brave. I really like colouring and shading in Creature Box designs (top left corner).
At that point I was just looking and collecting different character related drawings. Also looked for the range if expressions and poses.


Next step was to decide on archetyp. I really liked the idea behind Mentor creature, however picked Hero in the end, because they are cool :)

And thats my 'hero board'. Really interesting is fact that most of those heros were capes and weird suit.
So there we have more from Carter Goodrich, with his fluid pencil sketches, Tetsuya Nomura and Creature Box. Bottom left guy is a design by Hethe Srodawa. 

Now I have to design my very own Hero :)

No comments:

Post a Comment